Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I tried this site one time before and got no information so

Customer Question

I tried this site one time before and got no information so they refunded my money...I will try it again because I am an optimist. My husband has finally been diagnosed as an anti-social personality...a very serious and disturbing diagnosis. but it explains everything I have dealt with for the past 12 years. He is getting $609 monthly as a retired Navy reservist-he retired in 2007. Part of this terrible disease is compulsive lying, no impulse control, no understanding of consequences and no ability for emotions or caring. I wish he had been properly diagnosed years ago and I could have gotten help. He has no friends and his family has disowned him. While trying to help him with VA benefits several months ago, I learned that shortly after our marriage, in 2005, he had to fill out Navy papers pertaining to his retirement from the reserves after20 years. He didn't want me to have survivor benefits so he forged my signature and found a creepy security officer to fraudulently notarize the forged signature. His behavior is part of being an anti-social personality. He did the same thing on his retirement papers in 2007. When I found out the truth, I contacted the Navy to let them know that I never consented to reject the survivor benefits so that I could get the benefits without waiting for an act of congress. Now the Navy says they'll let us know by September 30th what they will do. He is getting worse by the day and I don't want him prosecuted..He is extremely sick. My own health is very bad and our finances are bad..due to his financial irresponsibility...Part of anti-social personality.A man at the survivor benefits office in Tennessee advised me that the Navy would not court martial him...He advised me to have him fill out the DD 149 and send it to the Board of Corrections in Washington. I am terrified that I'll end up on the streets. Can you offer me information?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and Welcome to JustAnswer, I am sorry about your previous experience on our website and I am glad you have given us another try, My name is ***** ***** I am one of the Attorneys in the Legal Categories here and I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask is that you leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer gives me credit for assisting you, Fair enough ? The best thing you can do is to take care of yourself and everything else will fall into place, Okay ? Do not feel badly or guilty because you told the truth. If you had not spoken up, you might very well have found yourself in the street. You spoke the truth and that counts for a lot. Your husband needs help, much more than you can give him. Fortunately, he will be able to get the help he needs through the Veterans Administration. As I am sure you know, the Form DD149 which your husband filled out is to correct the record, so that where you had signed to give up benefits that you were entitled to, will now be changed so that you get all the benefits to which you are entitled to receive based on your husband's service. The Form DD 149 should resolve all issues with respect to benefits. Since that issue is being resolved, it would be a good idea to get help for your husband. This will benefit both of you in the long run. He probably will not want to get help, so you will have to do it for him. Just think of it this Being a pathological liar is an illness. I do not pretend to know all the intricacies of this disease, but several years ago, I met someone who was a pathological liar. I did not understand what made her lie about everything, but I realized that it was a mental disorder over which she had no control and it was impossible for her to tell the truth about anything. . This is why professional help is an absolute necessity. Once your husband gets this professional help, you will both feel much better. At least your husband will be able to get the help he needs through the Veterans Administration. I am sure that they must also have some type of care for individuals like yourself, who live with pathological liars. You will find some level of comfort when you have a better understanding of this illness. You should also ask the VA to give you a list of support groups for individuals such as yourself who have a spouse, or significant other who suffers from this disease. These support groups do absolute wonders and you should take advantage of these groups because they will not only give you support, but they will also share their experiences with you and how they have learned to cope with their having a spouse who suffers from this disease. Please let me know if you have any further questions,

Kindly leave a Positive rating so that JustAnswer willgive me credit for assisting you. It will not cost you anything additional, but it is necessary in order for JustAnswer to give me credit.

Positive Feedback and Bonus are very much appreciated,, Kindest Regards, ANDREA