Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Can retirement military orders be revoked due to an

Customer Question
administrative error of the branch?...
Can retirement military orders be revoked due to an administrative error of the branch?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
Orders were issue in June 2015 and was told that all records had been audited for accuracy of points (Reserve Retirement). Now, September 2015 when I asked for my 20 year letter that was not issued before told that there was a problem with points and orders had to be revoked.
9/15/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

They can...that is, retirement from the military is governed by statute (Title 10, US Code). If an error is made, it must be corrected...if not the retirement would not be valid.

SO yes...the military can revoke orders that are given in error

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

follow up...I see you had the chance to review the answer.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer