P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

There is much written about the rights of the military

Customer Question

There is much written about the rights of the military spouse if the serviceman is cheating on her but there is next to nothing written about protecting the serviceman when his spouse cheated, in fact, abandoned the serviceman and their children for another man. Now that he is retiring, she is after his savings and pension using the Uniformed Serviceman Former Spouse Protection Act. Am I wrong to assume when she walked away she relinquished her rights to these benefit? Where can I find what the military considers fair?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

Sorry....not sure what you mean...you say
Where can I find what the military considers fair?
Is your cheating spouse in the military?