Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My girlfriend hear on CNN by that Veterans with PTSD, and/or

Customer Question

My girlfriend hear on CNN by Anderson Cooper that Veterans with PTSD, and/or severe pain was going to be allowed to use medical marijuana and if a doctor prescribed it the Veteran could get it free? I need evidence to bring to my Primary Care.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Regardless of what Anderson Cooper may or may not have said, there is no record of that being said on his show by the way, there is no federal statute or regulation that has been passed to allow VA patients to use medical marijuana. The fact is that marijuana is still very illegal under federal law and in order for the VA to administer it, that law would have to change and it has not been changed. Whatever was said on Anderson Cooper, it was not that the US Government has legalized marijuana, which is what would have to be done before the VA could give out any medical marijuana.