How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34560
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 50% disability dating back to Aug. 16, 2010 that I

Customer Question

I have a 50% disability dating back to Aug. 16, 2010 that I was not aware of until Apr. 2015. DFAS will not pay the Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP) until the VA updates my disability pay record to wherein I am receiving disability pay at the 50% rate. The letter that I sent to the VA, in Jun. 2015, regarding CRDP was recorded as a claim for retired pay adjustment to be completed 01/01/2018 to 12/19/2018.
The 2004 National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 108-136) was passed to benefit disabled military retirees with 20 years of service with a VA-rated, service-connected disability of 50% or higher. The retiree need not apply. If qualified, the retiree will be enrolled automatically.
In addition to monthly CRDP payments, the retiree may be eligible for a retroactive payment. The retroactive payment date may go as far back to when the retiree first increased to at least 50 a percent raring. How do you recommend I proceed to get the benefit that to which am entitled?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I have a good bit of experience with this matter. If you can wait till tomorrow we can chat. Otherwise I will opt out to see if anyone else can assist you.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Follow up...are you still looking for an answer?

Related Military Law Questions