Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My son just went through a Medical evaluation board and

Customer Question
the military is discharging him...

the military is discharging him after 15 yrs in the airforce.. He has had 4-5 surgeries as a result of service connected injuries with a couple more surgeries scheduled.. He has also been diagnosed as having a possible traumatic brain injury due to a mortar attack while stationed in afghanistan.. The MEB says he can not appeal the decision of the panel and a review of his medical records show several fouled up surgical procedures where the bone graft and surgical implants have failed on 3 of the last 4 surgeries by military medicine.. My question is with the decision of the MEB to discharge him and basically putting him at the mercy of the Veteran's administration medical facility here on guam, what are our alternatives as far as medical retirement and contesting the decision of the MEB.. Guam was recently high lighted as having being on the lower 3 spots on the least patient cost per veteran within the veterans administration..  1966
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
9/10/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Can you tell me, what was the percentage of disability he was rated it?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer