Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My 16 year marriage ended in divorce to my exhusband a

Customer Question
specialist in the Army National...
My 16 year marriage ended in divorce to my exhusband a specialist in the Army National Guard. In the divorce decree I was awarded 50% of his retirement salary. When we first were married he was coming out of the Navy and joined the Naval Reserve later joining the Missouri and Arkansas National Guard. The duration of our marriage was between 1987 to 2004. He later came out of the service after being injured in Iraq and now draws disability. What and how do I get the correct dollar amount through his years of service. We have been divorced for exactly 10 years. Please help me reference the proper channels and assistance. Sincerely ***** *****(###) ###-####or my email***@******.***, I currently have a civilian attorney who does not understand military chains of command. I need your help. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
9/10/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

This depends on several factors...you mention he draws VA compensation...does he also draw military retired pay?

If not, did he serve 20 or more years?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer