Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Can a USMC Reserve be held accountable actions on social

Customer Question
Can a USMC Reserve be...
Can a USMC Reserve be held accountable for his actions on social media
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/3/2015
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A member of the US Armed Forces is under the control and direction of the Armed Service regardless of when they are on or off duty. The Armed Services can control the actions of all members, even on social media, and any improper conduct at any time, even online, can be punished as conduct unbecoming under the Code of Military Justice.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney