Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I just found out that Michigand issued me a warrant arrest

Customer Question
I just found out that...
I just found out that Michigand issued me a warrant for my arrest in 2013 for being arrested in 2012 for driving under the influence in Detroit, MI. I never received a court date for the incident. After consulting with a civilian lawyer he called the court and was told that they were backlogged and when they get a date I will be notified by mail. To find out that the warrant was modified this year in April and the only way I found out is by me trying to get on a military base and my ID card was scanned. I have 32 years in the military with 20 of that being a DOD employee. I just would like to know what direction I can go with matter because it is going to ruin everythin I worked for. Thank you for your assistance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
9/2/2015
Military Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

You will need to have the warrant served or quashed. In other words, it is not going to just go away. Once it is served, you will get a court date. Or if possible, you may be able to have the District Attorney quash it. I suggest that either way, you will want to consider consultation with a local attorney to help you.

Having the warrant served will mean you will need to surrender and it is possible you could be detained until a bond hearing is established. So if you consult with a local attorney, they can try to negotiate it so that you could possibly be released on your own recognizance and that means no detention.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Sam, Attorney at Law