How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out that Michigand issued me a warrant arrest

Customer Question

I just found out that Michigand issued me a warrant for my arrest in 2013 for being arrested in 2012 for driving under the influence in Detroit, MI. I never received a court date for the incident. After consulting with a civilian lawyer he called the court and was told that they were backlogged and when they get a date I will be notified by mail. To find out that the warrant was modified this year in April and the only way I found out is by me trying to get on a military base and my ID card was scanned. I have 32 years in the military with 20 of that being a DOD employee. I just would like to know what direction I can go with matter because it is going to ruin everythin I worked for. Thank you for your assistance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

You will need to have the warrant served or quashed. In other words, it is not going to just go away. Once it is served, you will get a court date. Or if possible, you may be able to have the District Attorney quash it. I suggest that either way, you will want to consider consultation with a local attorney to help you.

Having the warrant served will mean you will need to surrender and it is possible you could be detained until a bond hearing is established. So if you consult with a local attorney, they can try to negotiate it so that you could possibly be released on your own recognizance and that means no detention.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Related Military Law Questions