How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34728
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in okinawa and d to futenma. My mother station is at.

Customer Question

I am in okinawa and I am FAP'd to futenma. My mother station is at Foster. Been in the marine corps for 1 year and a couple months. Having serious mental issues including anxiety, grieving, and depression. I am now returning to foster where I will stay until otherwise notified. How long does a separation like this take on average? I have 1 bad counseling on my record. But nothing more. What should I be doing to help the process along? If possible?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry for this unfortunate circumstance Marine. Are they separating you for this mental health disorder or for some other reason?