Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Backdrop: Fraud and abuse on the DOD Civilian side.

Customer Question

Backdrop: Fraud and abuse on the DOD Civilian side. Non-coverage from contractor leadership. DOD Civilian using underhanded techniques to try to remove a contractor based on personal dislike due to perceived slights about prior friend that was fired. Slander and professional image trashing to Military customer resulting in difficulty of contractor performing duties.
What would be the parameters for reporting wrong doing when Military command too busy to pay attention or not willing to engage?
Thank you
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the contractor is being abused in violation of the contract, then the contract has a recourse outside of the military command, since this involves a civilian contracts. The contractor can file a complaint to the contracting office first of all and if they do not get relief from them, then the contractor can file a suit in the US District Court of Federal Claims and pursue their recourse and damages for breach of contract.

So when you cannot get the military command to get involved, the next step is the contracting office and finally there is recourse to sue for breach of contract in the court of federal claims.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understood the limitations but was looking for an answer I could not find on Google. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply.

The issue with the law, which most people do not understand, is that the law and legal process is set. This means it does not change and magic bullets and secret solutions do not rarely exist. I understand you may have been hoping for more, but we are confined to the law and process as it applies to the facts customers provide us. I am sorry if you expected more that really does not exist.

Had you found the information on google, we would have appreciated you telling us what you already knew as it would not have wasted your time or mine responding to you.