Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Is there case law a divorce lawyer regarding failure to file

Customer Question
Is there case law for...
Is there case law for suing a divorce lawyer for malpractice regarding failure to file my deemed election?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
8/26/2015
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Allen M., Esq.

Malpractices cases are rarely published, because they typically are settled. Furthermore, only cases that make it to the appellate process and raise an interesting issue of law get published.

However, here is a case that specifically states that it is malpractice for the former spouse's attorney.

People v. Fisher, 203 P.3d 1192 (Colo. O.P.D.J. 2007) (sanctioning attorney for failure to register SBP coverage with DFAS for former spouse client).

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer