Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My son lost s liicences too many tickets and last weekend he

Customer Question

My son lost his liicences for having too many tickets and last weekend he drive his motocycle had a bad fell git two more tickets for drving without a licrnse and no helmet had to stay home for a week due ro his injuries and couldnt go on a nmissiin he was suppouse to be going, now they are recommending that he be kicked out and they are not letting him use his military insurance for his medical bills? What can he do?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid that legally, the military can discharge him for the driving without a license as that is a criminal offense which caused him to not be able to attend active duty. You need to get your son a JAG officer to represent him and to try to get the command to issue a punishment to him instead of discharge, such as demotion, which may cause him to lose pay or rank, but would allow him to remain in the military and keep his benefits. I am afraid missing the mission is a tough case with the command and he is not going to have an easy case, which is why he needs to get a JAG officer to represent him as soon as possible.