Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I was married in 2002, Little Rock AFB Arkansas. During my

Customer Question
Hello, I was married in...
Hello, I was married in 2002, Little Rock AFB Arkansas. During my retirement outprocessing, there was a question regarding DD Form 2656-2, Survivor Benefit Plan, Termination Request. My ex-wife of 18 years could not be reached to discuss SBP, options. I digress just for a brief moment. Upon our divorce of 18 years, my then wife and I agreed we would not touch each others retirement. She will retire from NorthWest Airlines, in a few years. Current,(Fay) my fiance forged my ex-wifes signature on DD Form 2656-2, terminating benefits. Fast forward to 2012, we are now divorced and she has since moved to Florida. Now my first wife of 18 years (Magda), has tried to acquire her benefits, part of my retirement only to learn that she signed the right away. Only she did not sign, Fay, my fiance at the time signed her signature. Here is one of two problems, Magda my first wife of 18 years might seek legal action. Fay, second wife of 10 years, was not a legalized US citizen at the time. She became a naturalized citizen in 2011, what could legal action do to her citizenship. Can she force deportation if legal action is pursued?
Thanks, John
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
8/23/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry, why would she face deportation ?
Would it help to chat on the phone about this? I can be available later this afternoon to talk on the phone if you like
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer