P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I will need some assistance with CSRC. I only had 18 months

I will need some assistance with CSRC. I only had 18 months active duty and was retired E4 as 100% medical disabled. I am 90% with VA. My retiree statement from DFAS lists my gross pay as $1087 with the VA waiver listed as $1995. DFASW is telling me that my CRSC award will only be $53/month because I only had 18 months (rounded up to 2 years) service. I thought that was exactly what the CSRC was supposed to take care of.
Michael Springer (###) ###-####***@******.***
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
SOrry...I do not understand your question. Would it help to chat on the phone about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you familiar with the Combat Related Special Compensation law/program. It allows combat injured veterans to receive compensation that is not offset by any VA disability, which is currently my situation. I have been awarded a 90% CSRC award by army human resources command. The award itself is calculated by Defense Finance and Accounting Support (DFAS). They are saying that my monthly CSRC award will be $53 based on my 2 years service. My contention is that they not use length of service to calculate the amount of pay, but the % of award from CSRC, which would be as follows
Base pay $1087/mo times 90%(award percent) equals $978, NOT the $53/month they told me by phone when I called to ask.
Is this something you are familiar with.
Thanks, ***** *****(###) ###-####cell
I am quite familiar... I am a veteran services officer in file claims with the VA every week.
I will send the offer for a phone call; if you accept we can chat on the phone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can we talk tomorrow or Monday (better). I am in WA state.(###) ###-####is cellphone. Let me know the time and day you wish to call me.
Thank you,
Michael Springer
Tomorrow in late morning ? Say 1100?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
11:00am pacific daylight time is fine. I will await your call an thank you
Michael
Can do