How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14273
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just heard from my son and he said he received a piece of

Customer Question

Just heard from my son and he said he received a piece of paper today that had the verbiage "investigation for failure to pay spousal support" - not BAH fraud...he and his wife are married so we are both a little confused...I do also have a call into Feldmann
Nagel and am awaiting a return call (I jotted down ***** *****'s name when we spoke and googled it). Is there such a thing as "spousal support" that a currently married, hasn't filed divorce, member of the military is required to pay above and beyond BAH?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Good to hear from you again
There is an army regulation that covers this
you can see it here
Chaper 2 covers this.
But note that this only kicks in if he is ordered to pay the unless they ordered him to pay and he refused, he would not be in violation of this regulation