How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was just looking about how to go about getting a divorce.

Customer Question

i was just looking for information about how to go about getting a divorce.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard since the professional you requested is unavailable at this time.

Please tell me what state?

Are you and the spouse still living together? If separated, for how long?

Is the spouse agreeing to an uncontested divorce?

Do you have minor children together?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Active duty in Alaska.Yes still living together , and agreeing to uncontested divorce.One child 3 years old
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.

Thank you

Here is a LINK that provides the forms you need to file with the court in your county. The forms can be printed out from that site or you can get them from the clerk of the court. If you are in agreement to the uncontested divorce, the process should be relatively painless. If after you have reviewed the forms, you have any further questions, please let me know.