Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I separated from the Navy in 2003 RE 3g JFX. I was a

Customer Question
depressed about redeploying in support...
I separated from the Navy in 2003 RE 3g JFX. I was a depressed about redeploying in support of OEF/OIF after just getting back from supporting OEF. It was a very stressful time for me and my shipmates. After speaking with the Psychologist she said that she said that I was mildly depressed. My ship decided to separate me from service because I was unable to deploy with them.
I now understand that the MILPERSMAN was modified to accommodate those of us OIF/OEF veterans that were PTSD suffering from Depression. I have never taken any mental meds nor have any ever been prescribed to me. I should not have be separated. I loved being in the Navy. How do I get my separation code reevaluated or is that even possible. I would like to join the Navy Reserves.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
8/6/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But do not understand the question...are you asking if you can require the Navy to return you to duty?
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer