P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I was discharged fitness failures. I was going to the doctor

Customer Question

I was discharged for physical fitness failures. I was going to the doctor for about 4 years prior to discharge. Because of chest pains should has a breath and Ashley took three of us went to the hospital during a right after running a physical fitness assessment. After I get discharged I went to VA for disability review. I am now 10 percent disabled for asthma. The doctors that I saw was in the military couldn't figure out what was wrong with me and they all said that it could be asthma but they weren't sure. I just want my discharge changed from what is now which of my dd214 States that I was discharged due to physical fitness failures which is a disciplinary discharge. I want to change to a medical discharge which it should have been seeing that I do have asthma and I probably shouldn't have been running the PT test to begin with.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Happy to help if I can; are you asking the process to request a change for the record? Would it help to chat on the phone about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is it I need to do
I will send the offer for a phone call. In and out of the office today so may need to coordinate the time for the call