How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14278
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married to a military personal years. the final

Customer Question

I was married to a military personal for 12 years. the final divorce degree stated that I am eligible for a portion of the retirement pay. The divorce paper did not state a percentage or a fix amount My ex has retired after 20 years from the army. I applied and was told to go back to the court and have the judge make a clarify order to include percentage or fixed amount. I have gone to court not once, but twice and the judge is telling me that I only qualified to receive what was aquired during the time of married. My ex has told the judge that by his calculation, I only qualified for $169.00 per month. I did not accept this amount because I know that its not right and he can't calculate nothing. Can you help me and tell me what is the rights for an ex spouse that was married for over 10 years
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Happy to help, would it help to chat on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks i need paper inf to. back up
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Do you have specific questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to have a paper trail to present to the court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know if my ex can calculate amount. using what he made from when the final degree of the married. is the retirement maritAL PROPERTY, DIVORCE PAPER STATES THAT IM ELIGIBLE FOR A PORTION OF RETIREMENT PAY. WHERE CAN I GET A COPY OF THE PAY TABLE FOR RETIRE PERSONAL

Related Military Law Questions