Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I was married to a military personal years. the final

Customer Question
I was married to a...
I was married to a military personal for 12 years. the final divorce degree stated that I am eligible for a portion of the retirement pay. The divorce paper did not state a percentage or a fix amount My ex has retired after 20 years from the army. I applied and was told to go back to the court and have the judge make a clarify order to include percentage or fixed amount. I have gone to court not once, but twice and the judge is telling me that I only qualified to receive what was aquired during the time of married. My ex has told the judge that by his calculation, I only qualified for $169.00 per month. I did not accept this amount because I know that its not right and he can't calculate nothing. Can you help me and tell me what is the rights for an ex spouse that was married for over 10 years
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
8/1/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Happy to help, would it help to chat on the phone?
No thanks i need paper inf to. back up
Thank you. Do you have specific questions?
I need to have a paper trail to present to the court
I need to know if my ex can calculate amount. using what he made from when the final degree of the married. is the retirement maritAL PROPERTY, DIVORCE PAPER STATES THAT IM ELIGIBLE FOR A PORTION OF RETIREMENT PAY. WHERE CAN I GET A COPY OF THE PAY TABLE FOR RETIRE PERSONAL
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer