How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14447
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My x wife is receiving a portion of my military retired/retainer

Customer Question

My x wife is receiving a portion of my military retired/retainer pay and she informs me that she no longer wants or needs these funds. Distribution of these funds were under court order. What steps need to be taken and by whom?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question. mention "distribution by court order". Can you be more specific? What happened? Also, if it would help happy to chat on the phone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The court order was a divorce decree. I am a retired USAF SMS.(E-8) . The divorce occured in 1976. The distribution was IAW "Texas Community Property" laws, and subsequently by The "USFSPA".
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. So what is the to change the order ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. What is required of her, and me, to modify or change the court's order decribed in the division of property section?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have made myself clear as can be. She wants me to have her allotted money. In otherwords, all of my retirement pay. How do we do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry cannot afford more costs.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
No worries. I will opt out and allow other experts to assist. I am forced to step away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I Don't want to use the phone, thank you. I'm 83 years old and don't hear well.