How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14382
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The question is on Permanent Disability Retirement List

Customer Question

The question is on Permanent Disability Retirement List (PDRL) in military. 1. I was in there Air Force Reserve for 26 years. Earned 4524 retirement points (12.56 active duty time). Military medical board (MEB) retired me with 80% disability - PDRL. 2.
VA gave me 100% disability. They pays $3500 and AF pays $2500 3. I know PDRL is not divisible in divorce but it can be used as an income. 4. My PDRL pay is $6000/month which include retirement based on 4524 points. 5. If I was retired with retirement points
4524 then my retirement would have been $1854/month. 6. During my 26 year reserve I was married for 19 years. QUESTION: In my divorce, how my retirement can be calculated that I will be giving to my wife? Is that the court will be looking at my retirement
$1854 without disability to decide what my wife should be getting from me OR the court will be looking $6000 (retirement built in disability) to decide what my wife should be getting from me? .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
I see you are asking this question multiple times. I have plenty of experience with this and happy to chat on the phone. I will send the offer.

Related Military Law Questions