P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I have an impecable service record with all high marks, awards,

Customer Question

I have an impecable service record with all high marks, awards, and no blemishes whatsoever over my 6.5 yrs. I am getting admin sep due to adjustment order and depression due to some stressful issues back at home. Do you know what type of discharge I could expect? Specifically? I see there are two possibilites, just what shoudl I expect?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.With more than 6 years, you would rate a hearing...did you elect to appear before a board?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No board. A psych doctor said he's going to put the paperwork in for an admin sep. the reason we didn't go the board route is because there is no guarantee. With the route we chose, it will be guaranteed because my CO is in agreeance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He diagnosed me with adjustment disorder with accompanied depression.
SOrry...not sure I understand. You have more than 6 years active duty, is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The board could find me fit for full duty and then I'm screwed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can call right now
Happy to chat, I sent the offer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
If you accept I can provide my #
It is late for me here. If you want to chat, and are willing to accept the offer, we can chat tomorrow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is my only option a phone call because I'd rather just get my answer here
I will opt out and allow other experts to assist you. I wish you the best of luck