How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14504
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former spouse claime 100% disablity in 2004 my portion

Customer Question

My former spouse claime 100% disablity in 2004 my portion of his disabilystop comeing in ,was told by the goverment, there was'nt any money left for my part of his pention. My question is if he pass away before me will I get any of his pention back.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question. Do you know if he enrolled in SBP (Survivor's Benefit Plan) naming you as the beneficiary either when he retired or when you got a divorce?