Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Does military disability pension get added to federal disability

Customer Question
retirement pension towards alimony? Can Federal/Postal...
Does military disability pension get added to federal disability retirement pension towards alimony?
Can Federal/Postal disability retirement pension be awarded as alimony in a divorce?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
7/16/2015
Military Lawyer: Lawrence D. Gorin, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Lawrence D. Gorin
YOUR QUESTION:
ANSWER: The amount of disability pay can be "considered" by the court in determining a divorcing spouse's financial ability to pay spousal support (alimony).
YOUR QUESTION:
ANSWER: No. But as explained earlier, the amount of disability pay can be "considered" by the court in determining a divorcing spouse's financial ability to pay spousal support (alimony).
===========================
NOTE: If your question has been satisfactorily answered, please proceed to “rate” the answer and close the discussion. I receive no payment for the time, effort and expertise expended in answering your question if your rating is less than positive. Thank you.
NEED MORE INFO....
I note what you forgot to "rate” the answer posted to your question. I receive no payment for the time, effort and expertise expended in answering your question if your rating is less than positive. Please be sure to rate the question so that compensation is received. It the answer was incomplete or if more information is needed, let me know. Thank you.
LDG
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Lawyer