Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My name is***** and my family is currently going through

Customer Question
Hello, my name is***** and...
Hello, my name is***** and my family is currently going through an investigation by DSS.
DSS came to my home on July 1st. They talked to us and demanded we either get a protector or I would have to leave the home. We were able to get a friend to come help, but the case worked denied it because he was unable to stay at the house 24/7 (he works to make a living and can't be at the house 24/7). I didn't know what else to do, so I packed my stuff up and left the house.
I have a pending Domestic Violence charge against me that is going to be settled next week. Before all of this happened, my wife and I had talked about the domestic violence incident and we both agreed that it was special circumstances that lead to the one time event and that we would try getting the case dropped.
DSS has been using this as leverage to get what they want it seems though. My wife also is in counseling for a mental issue she's been dealing with. She's fully enrolled in the weekly counseling, but
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
7/9/2015
Military Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
1) Your question was cut off. I have "She's fully enrolled in the weekly counseling, but..." Nothing after this.
2) What exactly are you asking here, i.e. what is your question?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer