How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14369
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I enlisted in the army national guard in 2008, went to school

Customer Question

I enlisted in the army national guard in 2008, went to school in Fall 2009 - Summer II 2010. I enrolled in GI BIll reserve select, select reserve. It was approved and they going to send me money, and it never got to me. So years later I tried to get the money back as reimbursement for paying out of pocket. They agreed to pay me back or I supplied them with a school receipt showing I went to school from the times j claimed. I ended up filling out a DA FORM 22 1999, and got it submitted. Fast forward to about 2 - 3 weeks later, now they're saying they're not going to pay me, and that it's against the law to pay a claim that is more than a year old. I had been fighting to fix this for a few months now, if this was against the law, why wasn't I informed before running back and forth trying to fill out paper work?
I have a letter in the mail saying they were going to pay me one half for 2009, and then once they got the receipt for 2010, they would pay me the rest.
What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry, I do not understand. I understand you applied for the GI bill. And that you applied to be reimbursed. Did they deny the request to be reimbursed in writing? If so when?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Happy to chat on the phone; although I will be tied up for the next approximately one half hour. I will send a phone call offer; you will need to accept this before we can chat.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Follow up on this...did the phone offer come through?

Related Military Law Questions