Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am the widow of a retired USAF SMSGT. Year of

Customer Question
Hi My name is Mary...
Hi My name is Mary. I am the widow of a retired USAF SMSGT. Year of his retirement 1993. He joined USAF July 21 1971. He died 9/8/2010. When I reported his death to VA, I was informed he had been wounded.
So I filed for compensation from VA only to be told they had no records and he was not a Vietnam Vet. I discovered he was in receipt of a straight retirement when he was entitled to benefits for a wounded individual. I ordered his pay records from DFAS and they say he was PCS to a HFP area for 18 months from 7/1972 to 12/1973. 11/1973 veterans pay changed. He was recieving advnced leave. He was wounded on the ground in Vietnam and there are no records. Veteran received care at Clark AFB PI. He was hospitalized in excess of 4 months. He was burmed over his entire body schrapnel cuts and damage to a kidney. The USAF medical never removed this schrapnel from his kidney. 11/1992, he was hospitalized with a Hematuria. I have the records. veteran decided to retire becaus
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/1/2015
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this matter?
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer