How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14366
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Phil, Good day. I served in the USMC many years ago and got

Customer Question

Phil, Good day. I served in the USMC many years ago and got an OTH because of a felony conviction while on active duty. I did successful probation and had the felony expunged. I am now 49 and a state licensed insurance professional. (no adverse effects from the felony) I served less than 2 years due to the conviction and oth discharge. QUESTION: Is it possible to request upgrade of OTH to honorable, and then get a VA mortgage?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details. Two Phils on here...are you looking for me or Phil cave?

Related Military Law Questions