How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34522
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having a hard time finding any copies of my fathers marriage

Customer Question

I am having a hard time finding any copies of my fathers marriage certificate to his supposed ex wife. Is there not a file somewhere? He is deceased but I cant find any records only to my mom.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My father was ***** ***** Cass and he was married supposedly again in Ossan AFB to a Eun Su Cass but shouldn't there be something on file? All can find is my mom. And not to mention it was weird after the funeral how she just vanished.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry...are you asking how to request his military record?
Or. If the military record would contain evidence of a prior marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got his military record but it did not contain any evidence of his prior marriage or even his declaration of his SGLI benefits to us children and I can not find anything that says when, where he was legally married to his prior wife Eun Cass.I used and the only thing I see that says he was married to was my mom ***** ***** Cass.As for my stepmom she is around 38 goes by aliases Eun Cass, Eun S. Cass, Eunsu S Cass, Su C Eun.My father ***** ***** Cass was a chief master sergeant for the United States Air Force. Daniel was born on October 25, 1950 and was from Veneta, Oregon. On August 08, 1998, he died in a non-hostile incident in United States at the age of 48.
The autopsy said he died of a heart attack in Guam but was able to pull the car over and put it in park.The only time I saw my step mom Eun Cass was at his funeral and she disappeared with the military benefits and kept in touch. It just seems weird I guess and I am trying to find out does the military require proof marriage certificate on file and where I might find it because I know nothing about my stepmom. I have reached out to the military and they told me they can not give me any information on her or what happened to my dads belongings. We even had to order his service plaque because she did not even do that for my father. I am just wondering is there anything I can do Philip? Or do I continue to live with this mystery?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Thank you The military Does not keep marriage certificate copies in the official military record. So it is not a surprise his military record does not contain this information. Now, the state in which they were married would maintain this information. So if you know which state they were married in, you could contact that state and request copies of the marriage certificate. Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Related Military Law Questions