How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14366
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2013, I was in the middle of a military credit evaluation,

Customer Question

In 2013, I was in the middle of a
military credit evaluation, 1 year after commission. I was in jeopardy of losing my security clearance to maintain my commission. I live in Florida and I also have a house in Georgia-the georgia property was in foreclosure and a friend introduced me to Paul, a mortgage broker in Florida. He stated that he would pay what is owed to the bank to remove the house out of foreclosure and continue to make payments and get the house refinanced. Well, after years of bad tenants- leading to the last tenant who damaged the property beyond what I can afford for repairs. I fell behind on the payments and I was not able to repair the property to list it for rent. I quit-claimed the housed to Paul; however, the problem I am having right now is that he is constantly late on making the payments and the bank calls daily for the past 2 year. I have contacted him and on numerous occasions and he tells me that he is working on it. In Feb he left me a voicemail stating that he had attempt to get the property refinanced and it fell through ( I still saved the message and texts). I want him to keep the property but he needs to get a mortgage. I need to handle this matter legally. He had me sign some papers not to notify by bank that the transaction took place. I have contacted a few attorneys and no one seem to able to help. I feel like I've been scammed. Need to know my options. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I want to make sure I you have a written contract with Paul?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have added the documents that the attorneys reviewed
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
So what is your question today?
Are you asking if you can sue Paul ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Can I sue him... in what ground?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
You signed the quit claim gave the property away. What would you sue for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thank you. I guess my attorney or the law cannot help. (
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

Related Military Law Questions