Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

How can a command get proof from a pft score that they don't

Customer Question
believe a marine has ran...
How can a command get proof from a pft score that they don't believe a marine has ran but its already in the system
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Discussion by Email + Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc.. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/13/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry, not sure I understand your question; can you provide some context please? What is going on?
My first sergeant does not believe I passed my pft 3 weeks ago he is trying to njp me some how. The pft score has been ran already and verified.
The monitor for the pft signed it already and he leaves the unit next week for pcs. The first sergeant is trying to start a investigation. What proof can he get that I didnt pass it or did pass it. Everything will be he say or she say?
Sorry...I want to make sure I understand...what is the monitor saying?
I am not sure what he is saying he has already checked out and officially leaves monday
What if the monitor is saying something diff or don't remember?
If there is evidence you lied that can be prosecuted under the UCMJ.
So, for example, if the monitor has a different score for you that could be evidence.
Or, if someone else who was at the event recalled a different score? That can be evidence.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
And let me know if you want to discuss this via phone...I can make that option available if you desire.
Well actually the same score the monitor has is in the system my first sergeant thinks I lied bout that score and he is trying to get statements but no one remember from three weeks ago?
In order to prosecute you the commander would need some evidence you lied. Unless there is someone who can testify that you lied? They are not going to be able to prosecute you
First sergeant didn't know I ran a pft already because he was not present for it that day. But he now is suspicious about it and questioning what I ran? When the paperwork for what I did run is on paper and the system has the same score. Can I get NJP for he say or she say on statements.
Yes. You can be prosecuted at nonjudicial punishment based on hearsay.
That said, unless your stationed aboard a navy ship you have an absolute right to refuse NJP. So if you're not guilty of this, you may want to consider refusing NJP and forcing them to take you to court-martial.
At court-martial they would not be able to rely on hearsay evidence.
Does the monitor need to wrote a statement. Being that he signed it off and approved it?
How many statements are needed to have actual evidence and proof.
A single statement can constitute proof.
And i don't understand your question about the monitor. Would it help to chat on the phone perhaps?
Yes it would
I will send the offer. Once you accept we can chat on the phone
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer