P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Is it possible to change to an uncharacterized discharge from an other than honorable disc

Customer Question

Is it possible to change to an uncharacterized discharge from an other than honorable discharge? I entered the military in 2005 at the age of 18 with a child. After basic i came home for my two weeks and ended up pregnant with my daughter. Didnt find out until i was 2 months pregnant when i got to AIT my daughter passed away and i was depressed requested to go home was denied so i left on my own but i spoke with my drill sergeant everyday and he never once said i was going to be in trouble he only told me i needed to come back within 180 days but time slipped by my and he contacted my about 190 days out and told me i couldnt come back i was 19 and didnt know or wasnt explained well why i couldnt go back i just acccepted and moved on 3 years later the police ran my name and said i had a warrant for awol but they let me go because it wasnt there jurisdiction and told me i have to find my way to fort lee i drove there and they shipped me to kentucky for a month to be processed me.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you still in the military with a warrant for your arrest? Or did they ultimately discharge you?