Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My son was diagnosed with asperger in 2nd grade. He is now…

Customer Question
My son was diagnosed with...
My son was diagnosed with asperger in 2nd grade. He is now 18 and wants to be Marine.We told the recruiter of this but we were told not to worry about it. My son went to MEPS and took ASVAB and AFQT score was 76 which is a good score but then went to do physical and was told he didn't qualify because of the AS. He is very high functioning I was just so shocked by this. You said in one of your replies to someone else that he could do a waiver. How does that work? Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Military Law
6/4/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 3 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
A waiver is normally initiated by the recruiter; have you spoken to the recruiter about this possibility?