P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Was interested in re code change from re 4 as it was issued at my eas

Customer Question

Was interested in re code change from re 4 as it was issued at my eas date with a honorable discharge. My XO did not like the fact I was married to a Navy LT nurse as I was a Marine CPl they gave me the choice to exstended for 2 years at some remote location away from her or a RE 4. At this point in my career it is a non factor just a point of pride.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
That is possible...you would have to file a request with the board of corrections for naval records. You will want to use dd form 149. The XO's personal opinions have no bearing on the RE code...what you are describing it sounds as though you should have been awarded an RE1
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.