How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14447
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a bcd in 1981 ua while serving on the uss ray ssn 653. I went ua 3 se

Customer Question

I received a bcd in 1981 for being ua while serving on the uss ray ssn 653. I went ua 3 separate times in an attempt to get out of the submarine service.I did not want out of the navy just out of sub service.During my court martial they gave me two choices,return to submarine duty or accept a bad conduct discharge.They told me the navy had already trained me for sub service and would not retrain me for other duty.I would have been willing to add service time to my enlistment in exchange for reasighnment to any other area of service in the navy. I thought sub service was strictly volunteer.Prior to this I had an execelent service record .I had a top secret security clearance and was part of the personnel reliability program.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma but not sure I understand your question; are you asking if this would be a basis to upgrade your discharge?