Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Can a pv2 E-2 in the army date a sergeant e-5 in the marines?

Customer Question
Even if they where dating...
Can a pv2 E-2 in the army date a sergeant e-5 in the marines? Even if they where dating before the Pv2 joined.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
5/22/2015
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Allen M., Esq.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines, including JAG.
Yes. this would be fine.
Both the Army and Marine rules on relationships are lenient enough to allow this, because you are not talking about a relationship between a commissioned officer and an enlisted member.
Where issues arise with non-commissioned officers and lower enlisted is when they are in the same chain of command or unit and there are opportunities for favoritism.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer