Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was granted 50% of my husband military ret. pay as property…

Customer Question
I was granted 50% of...
I was granted 50% of my husband military ret. pay as property settlement in 1995. Through the years due to his change in disability, I have been cut off in my payments.
This began in 2000 when I was terminated for the first time. there is an election option by the military member call CRDP and CRSC. Every time he changes to one of these I am terminated in my benefits. This has happened for several years. My question to you is:
Since my divorce settlement was awarded by the Florida Courts. Can he still play with the part of the settlement awarded to me by the court ? I am very upset at this. It has happened three times already through the years .
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Military Law
5/20/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 3 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am very sorry for this dilemma. The answer depends on the wording of your decree of divorce; but is also a bit more complex. What is his current disability rating?
Also, I'm going to send a phone answers we can speak on the phone, it may make trading information easier
I have not received the answer for my first question. to talk to me on the telephone, it is(###) ###-####Please call me. Maria T. Rojas
Ma'am I am happy to chat on the phone...but the rules require you accept the offer. I will send it along now...
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer