How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14366
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was granted 50% of my husband military ret. pay as property

Customer Question

I was granted 50% of my husband military ret. pay as property settlement in 1995. Through the years due to his change in disability, I have been cut off in my payments.
This began in 2000 when I was terminated for the first time. there is an election option by the military member call CRDP and CRSC. Every time he changes to one of these I am terminated in my benefits. This has happened for several years. My question to you is:
Since my divorce settlement was awarded by the Florida Courts. Can he still play with the part of the settlement awarded to me by the court ? I am very upset at this. It has happened three times already through the years .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am very sorry for this dilemma. The answer depends on the wording of your decree of divorce; but is also a bit more complex. What is his current disability rating?
Also, I'm going to send a phone answers we can speak on the phone, it may make trading information easier
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not received the answer for my first question. to talk to me on the telephone, it is(###) ###-####Please call me. Maria T. Rojas
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Ma'am I am happy to chat on the phone...but the rules require you accept the offer. I will send it along now...

Related Military Law Questions