How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14357
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received an uncharacterized discharge (under 180 days in active

Customer Question

I have received an uncharacterized discharge (under 180 days in active service) which prevents me from any benefits. However, I have an LOD for injury accured in basic and need further medical treatment. How can I go about that? Also I enlisted on July 2nd 2014 and was told because I did my drill weekends and was paid for it would be considered active. My basic training day was 01/12/2015 to 05/07/2015. I was given the right to see a legal but never given the opportunity.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry, I do not understand your sounds like you are asking about a VA that the case?
It may help to discuss this over the phone

Related Military Law Questions