P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My son was accused of child abuse by his step sin because he

Customer Question

My son was accused of child abuse by his step sin because he did not want him in the house. The 12 year old is use to getting his way so he lied. My son was fingerprinted and accused of child abuse then told he could contact a lawyer. He was told he could not have a lawyer first because they could arrest him anyway. What can he do now.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I want to make sure I understand...he is in the military?
And is the claim physical abuse or sexual abuse?