How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14359
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is***** have been searching the Webb to

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** have been searching the Webb to possibly find a attorney that can assist me.i am a military widow with two sons .my husband deceased in 1990 I was refused any military benefit for myself and my children for over 20years the va has been no help to me and my family with getting my husbands records.due to the fact that. The military completely lost his took me until 2010to gain enough info or meet the right people who would take my case seriously.his discharge was not made until 2010.after I stayed on these people and finally prove my case.i was awarded 100,000in the life Insurence that's what it was when he enlisted in 1989 back then with a arrears of 70,000for holding my money from sgli. the va only tried to go back 2years from the money they owed me and my I appealed this all my evidence together then at the last two weeks felt I needed someone that knew the law. To my good they gave in immediately stating (you got us )to the lawyer handling my case.i feel that the va owes me arrears on this money for with holding it from me for 20years this has been a stressful time raising my sons working 3jobs not to mention the health issues this has caused on me.i will never get my time back with my boys and I'm full of anxiety and stress from all the years working all these jobs trying to provide for my children.with no health Insurence.i would like to get a civil suit because the military did not complete their duties with me and my family we never received any support.if you can assist my family with this case or a good referral that would be great thank you for your
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details. I'm sorry for this dilemma However , can you explain what you mean by civil suit? What are you attempting to sue for exactly? Denial of your VA claim?

Related Military Law Questions