Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am an NCO who took a pt test back in sept. It was just me…

Customer Question
I am an NCO who...
I am an NCO who took a pt test back in sept. It was just me and another NCO, it was recorded a "Record". My Co Cmdr initiated an investigation and yesterday I was read my rights. I was handed da form 2823 with several questions. I was read my rights and opted to speak to a lawyer before I answer any questions. I am have been just informed I need to see my 1sg and receive a counseling statement on the matter. Also, there was an anonymous IG complaint about other stuff. I can get into more detail in conversation. Thanks you, Brian Freeman(###) ###-#### *****@******.***
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Military Law
12/12/2014
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 3 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.Sorry....I am not sure I understand the question. What crime are you suspected of committing ?

Basically it is Article 107, I can email what they gave me.

Thank you. You were very wise to not give a statement, most soldiers do and it is used to prosecute them. So what is your question today?
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer