Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I am an NCO who took a pt test back in sept. It was just me

Customer Question
and another NCO, it was...
I am an NCO who took a pt test back in sept. It was just me and another NCO, it was recorded a "Record". My Co Cmdr initiated an investigation and yesterday I was read my rights. I was handed da form 2823 with several questions. I was read my rights and opted to speak to a lawyer before I answer any questions. I am have been just informed I need to see my 1sg and receive a counseling statement on the matter. Also, there was an anonymous IG complaint about other stuff. I can get into more detail in conversation. Thanks you, Brian Freeman(###) ###-#### *****@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
12/12/2014
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.Sorry....I am not sure I understand the question. What crime are you suspected of committing ?

Basically it is Article 107, I can email what they gave me.

Thank you. You were very wise to not give a statement, most soldiers do and it is used to prosecute them. So what is your question today?
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer