Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

my dad is 93 years old. he has lost his military discharge

Customer Question
my dad is 93 years...
my dad is 93 years old. he has lost his military discharge papers and he remembers nothing about the dates. what should i do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
12/7/2014
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry...do for what? What is it you are trying to accomplish?

i am trying too get a copy of his discharge papers

Thank you
You can do that here
http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
The National Archives will send him a copy if he signs the request form. Fax it in for fastest response...they typically take a week or two to arrive after you send the fax in
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer