How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19311
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello Allen M, I very much appreciate your assistance with

This answer was rated:

Hello Allen M,

I very much appreciate your assistance with my son's discharge situation. The clarity and level of detail was great.

One final question: In this situation, is the Air Guard or Air Reserve out of the question? You mentioned the Army Guard and Reserve.

Again, thanks for helping us understand the best way to address this situation and a possible path forward. This was perfect, exactly what we needed to know, with realistic expectations.

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that I was able to at least give you the information that you needed to approach the question with your son.

The reason that I don't mention that Air Guard or Reserve is that they use the same RE code system that the regular Air Force uses. RE-2 is an automatic disqualifier for Air Force service.

It is not as automatic with other branches, so that difference in branch branding or RE designation gives him a chance at entering service with the Army while there isn't a chance with the Air Force (unless he actually gets that RE code changed through DD Form 149).

Allen M., Esq. and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you