How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PhilCave Your Own Question
PhilCave, Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 1069
Experience:  33 years military law experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
PhilCave is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who do I contact to file a claim against a service member who

This answer was rated:

Who do I contact to file a claim against a service member who violated SCRA when breaking a lease. He received transfer orders July 20, 2013. He did not pay his July rent, texted me that he was transferring on July 20, 2013 and stayed in the condo until July 31, 2013. He sent me his official transfer order (after my repeated request) on August 19, 2013. He owes me for July and August rent under SCRA. His deposit does not cover the damage and theft to the condo. How do I file a claim to recover the 2 months rent he owes me? Vickie Brint
Hello, thanks for asking your question.

The claim is against the individual service member.
There is no law or regulation by which the military (federal government) accepts a claim in these circumstances.

You should get a court judgement against him, and then submit it to the DFAS for garnishment.
PhilCave and 2 other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you,



Related Military Law Questions