How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19168
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received an honorable discharge from the Navy but I have

This answer was rated:

I received an honorable discharge from the Navy but I have three years left in the IRR. I am married to an active duty sailor and we have a daughter. I got out because both of our parents are not equipped to take of our daughter in the event we are both deployed. If I not have a family care plan, can they call me back for active duty?
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

Calling people back to active duty from IRR is exceedingly unlikely. I mean, very, very, very unlikely.

That being said, if they did call you back, there would be a need for you to have a family care plan. When you were unable or unwilling to complete one, they'd have to separate you, as you would not be deployable.
Allen M., Esq. and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Military Law Questions