How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19319
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a divorced spouse of a Natl Guard Col. Recently I found

This answer was rated:

I am a divorced spouse of a Natl Guard Col. Recently I found out that is has been asked to take early retirement. I know he was being investigated for wrongful act. Is there anyway I can find out what exactly he did?
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

Unfortunately, investigations of this nature are not public information. Unless they actually charge him with something criminally, the nature of their investigation would be confidential.

There is no way to force that information, as it is even protected from subpoena as an ongoing investigation.
Allen M., Esq. and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When will I be able to receive my pension?

Your pension? Were you awarded a portion of his pension in the divorce? How long were you married?

Did you have your divorce decree sent in to DFAS?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Did not send to DFAS. No one told me too. Married 25 years and yes awarded portion of pension.

Ok. The best way to make sure that you get paid the moment he starts receiving his pension is to send your divorce decree in to DFAS. Because you were married longer than 10 years, they can pay the percentage in the divorce decree directly to you rather than you having to count on him paying you.

Go to the following website and read question and answer 5.

It concerns how to get DFAS to send direct payments to you of his retirement once it starts.