How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34256
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is a Army Major (married in 1993). Three years ago

This answer was rated:

My wife is a Army Major (married in 1993). Three years ago she was stationed in Bangkok and had me accompany her. She returned for TDY at staff college and then suddenly sent me e-mail that she no longer wanted to be married. When she finally came back to Bangkok the command dep. commander pressured me to return stateside.

I have not been able to find work for a year (have health issues) and she refuses to assist with home mortgage/support. We have remained married despite her statements she will be seeking divorce.

What options do I have
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

The regulation that applies can be found here

If you take a look at CH 2, it lays out, clearly, support requirements for a soldier to their dependents.

I would contact her commanding officer and request that the commander enforce the regulation.

If the commander refuses? I would contact your congressional representative...they can investigate to see why the army is not enforcing this regulation in this case.

What you describe? She has an obligation to provide support.

P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Military Law Questions