How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14459
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi. I have option 35 in my military contract. I served the

Customer Question

Hi. I have option 35 in my military contract. I served the first 3 years and 3 months honorably on active duty but i guess i have to be in the reserves for the next 4 and a half years. So far i've done 6 months of drill and i can't take it. I just want to be done with the army in general. Is there a way to request to go to i.r.r. and just pay back the bonus or is that not allowed or is it up to the commander. And would i need a lawyer to take up to my unit.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found your answer elsewhere or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well i have seen the option 35 question asked before, but it is answered so vaguely. i'm wanting to know if i actually have a choice to ask to go irr and simpl pay back the remainder of my bonus. or is that a one a million thing if your c.o. is willing. to approve it.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

just cancel my question