How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19309
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need the contact of the massachusetts army jag. Or info on

Customer Question

I need the contact of the massachusetts army jag. Or info on getting a lawyer appointed to me in my hometown for father rights to see my child. I also heard it was free and I really need the assistance. Very much appreciated on any info -thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

Issues of child custody and family law are not things that military attorneys can assist with. We don't have jurisdiction to go before civilian courts, so a JAG attorney can't represent you or be appointed to you for this purpose.

You will have to contact your local bar association to ask about free or low cost attorneys in your area. You can also check with the local law schools to see if they have a senior certified program, where 3rd year law students could assist you under the supervision of attorneys.

Regrettably, those are the only options available to you. We (JAG's) just don't have the legal authority or jurisdiction to represent people in this specific legal matter.